``

``

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Josh's Elk

There are moments in a young man's life that he will never forget, today Josh created one of those moments. I was cleaning up breakfast at the trailer when I got text from Jon containing this picture. I was so excited, there was Josh with an elk on the ground. The very first elk he has ever shot. I was so excited for him. An hour or so later, Josh and Jon pulled up to load the donkeys and get Josh's elk off the mountain. Josh was grinning from ear to ear and was so full of excitement. He told me the whole story about how he shot it and that he was shaking with so much excitement that Jon had to help him gut it. As a mom, you can't help but feed off that excitement. I am so proud of him and excited that he has this memory to treasure for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment