Lexi has done great this year in orchestra. She has such a natural talent when it comes to playing the cello. Two days ago Lexi asked if she could stay after orchestra to finish writing her song. I asked what song she was writing, she told me that she wrote a song for the cello and her teacher wanted the orchestra to play it at the concert. She needed to stay after to get help with writing the parts for the violin and viola. Today I had the privilege of attending her concert. I was such a proud mom, getting to sit there and listen as the entire orchestra played the song written by Lexi. I loved seeing the pride in her eyes as the instructor had her stand and introduced her as the composer. I look forward to hearing Lexi play for years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment