This is where you find yourself sitting for hours after your son decides to take the newest wild donkey for a ride. Last night I had the privilege of sitting in the emergency room with Josh, after he had a run in with our big donkey lefty. Jon and I were out for a walk when I got a call from my daughter Lexi. In a somewhat panicked voice she told he about how Josh and his friend Jaren were out trying to ride Lefty and Pancho when Josh got bucked off. Lexi then told me Josh was hurt pretty bad. I quickly headed for home. When I got there, Josh was sitting in the living room chair, face pale, holding his arm. I was relieved it was just his arm because I had gone through all kinds of horrible sinerios in my head trying to just get home. I loaded Josh and his friend Jaron, who was coming along to avoid getting in trouble by his own parents, into the car and we were off to the ER. I lectured Josh the entire drive because my husband and I had specifically told Josh to stay off the donkeys when we left.
We checked into the ER and the little smiles and looks of wonderment started as Josh had to explain to each doctor and nurse what happened. He became more and more embarrassed each time he told the story. I think that in it's self was a good lesson learned. After a few x-rays the doctor determined that Josh had a fracture in the growth plate of his elbow. He was placed in a sling and will need to follow up with an orthopedic doctor in the next few days. I think Josh learned a hard lesson today, always follow mom and dad's rules.
We checked into the ER and the little smiles and looks of wonderment started as Josh had to explain to each doctor and nurse what happened. He became more and more embarrassed each time he told the story. I think that in it's self was a good lesson learned. After a few x-rays the doctor determined that Josh had a fracture in the growth plate of his elbow. He was placed in a sling and will need to follow up with an orthopedic doctor in the next few days. I think Josh learned a hard lesson today, always follow mom and dad's rules.
No comments:
Post a Comment