Being a mom, the hardest part sometimes, is taking care of your children when they are sick. Sam has been constantly sick with colds and ear infections. After a quick consultation with the ENT doctor on Monday we decided that he needed tubes and his adenoids out. They didn't waste anytime scheduling it for that Thursday.
Sam and I arrived at the Riverton hospital at 630 am, to find that they had a room all set up for him with a new blanket, toys and a cute drawing on the wall.
After getting him settled and meeting with the doctors, they took him back into surgery. It breaks my heart each time I hand my children over to a doctor, hearing them cry as they are carried off down the hall.
After and what seemed like eternity, Dr. Meades came to tell me that everything went great and that Sam was in recovery. It was 30 minutes later that the nurse came in to tell me that Sam was getting some steroid treatments to help him breathe and as soon as he was stable I could see him. It took another half an hour before I finally got to hold my little man. I am sure the whole hospital could hear him screaming. It took a few minutes before he settled down and we were able to come home. Looking forward to the weeks ahead and having my healthy happy little boy back. I am very grateful for modern medicine and procedures that make life easier for my little ones.
Sam and I arrived at the Riverton hospital at 630 am, to find that they had a room all set up for him with a new blanket, toys and a cute drawing on the wall.
After getting him settled and meeting with the doctors, they took him back into surgery. It breaks my heart each time I hand my children over to a doctor, hearing them cry as they are carried off down the hall.
After and what seemed like eternity, Dr. Meades came to tell me that everything went great and that Sam was in recovery. It was 30 minutes later that the nurse came in to tell me that Sam was getting some steroid treatments to help him breathe and as soon as he was stable I could see him. It took another half an hour before I finally got to hold my little man. I am sure the whole hospital could hear him screaming. It took a few minutes before he settled down and we were able to come home. Looking forward to the weeks ahead and having my healthy happy little boy back. I am very grateful for modern medicine and procedures that make life easier for my little ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment