``

``

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Josh's Football Season

This is Josh's third year playing football and what an incredible player he has become.  He started the year playing defense but is wasn't long before he found himself playing offense also.  Josh didn't sit the bench once this  year because he was such an asset to his team.  By the way, I am the the mom so I can brag about how awesome I think he is.  Jon and I are so proud of how committed he has been to himself and his team this year.  Whenever you watch Josh play football you immediately notice how incredibly fast he is. Once he breaks the tackle that quarterback better look out because Josh wastes no time getting into the backfield.  Josh has an uncanning ability to read the plays and know right where the ball is headed.  Towards the end of the season Josh's coach decided to have him start running the ball.  Josh is always nervous that he is going to fumble but every time he carried the ball he made yards and helped his team.  I have seen Josh grow so much in his confidence by playing ball.  I do have to say that the best thing about Josh playing football is that after he practices three nights a week and spends all day Saturday at his game, he is so tired that he does not have time to pick on his sisters. What mom does not love the peace and quiet that brings.  I would say the second plus about football season is that Jon can barely talk after the game and is just as tired because he walks the sideline the entire game.  I brings joy to my heart to see the two of them exhausted, hanging out the on the couch together for the evening after a Saturday of football. 
Getting ready the hand off from our quarterback.

Run Josh run!!!!!
Josh getting ready to receive the hand off.

No comments:

Post a Comment