``

``

Monday, October 24, 2011

Cookies and Pumpkins

Our family has two traditions for Halloween, the first is making cookies so that we can BOO our friends.  What is BOOing you ask, well quite simply we make a yummy treat and then leave it on a friends door step with a cute little note, ring the doorbell and run.  The kids love trying to decided who to BOO  each year and of course making the cookies.



Our second tradition is carving the huge pumpkins that Grandpa Bill grows every year in his garden.  The kids starting fighting over the pumpkins during the summer when they first start to grow and have usually settled the battle by the time Grandpa delivers them to our house right before Halloween.  Looking back at the pictures I promise you that I am a responsible adult and usually don't let a 7 year old play with such a large knife.  Jon was out of town this year for Halloween and so Josh really stepped up by helping Olivia carve and clean her pumpkin. 






I love this time of year and the fun memories we continue make together as a family.  I think that Grandpa bill will have to make his pumpkin patch a little larger next year to grow enough pumpkins for all 5 kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment