We have loved having these little bunnies to raise. The kids have loved watching them grow and discover new things. It has given me as a parent a chance to talk to my younger children about Heavenly Father's plan and how he created all the animals on the earth including our baby bunnies.
Unfortunately with life comes death. Not long after I took these pictures mommy bunny kicked the cage door open and they all escaped into the barn. We found three of the babies but the fourth one had gotten in with the mustang and had been stomped to death. The kids were devastated. The next morning we found our sweet male bunny cinnabun dead in his cage. It was a sad few days and the kids had lots of questions about their bunnies and heaven. I was able to talk to them about death and how when we die our spirit goes to heaven until we are resurrected and our body is reunited with our spirit. I told them that this was possible because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. It was easier for them to understand as I was able to compare it to their bunnies. Even though their deaths brought sadness it also brought tender moments seeing their testimonies of God's grow.
Yes that is me burying the bunnies because things like this only happen when Jon is out of town.
Yes that is me burying the bunnies because things like this only happen when Jon is out of town.
No comments:
Post a Comment