``

``

Thursday, April 2, 2015

April Fools Day

I love April Fool's Day and a good April Fool's joke. Every year I come up with these elaborate jokes to get my husband. I have to admit that it is getting harder and harder. I usually think about my plan for weeks but this year I was having a hard time and didn't really come up with anything until the night before. Jon had recently decided to adopt a wild mustang and was scheduled to pick it up in a few weeks. How do I feel about a wild mustang you ask? Well that is a post for another day. So back to April Fools. That morning I quickly sent a message to Robyn with the Bureau of Land Management. We have adopted all three of our burros from her and were in the process of adopting a mustang named Wylie.  I asked Robyn if she wanted to help play a joke on my hubby and of course she said yes. I had her text Jon to tell him that because of some concerns with the donkeys, he could no longer adopt Wylie. You can see from her texts that she played her part perfectly. I then needed a distraction so that Jon would not suspect that the BLM investigation was a joke. I contacted Jon's secretary Judy to find out his schedule for the day and quickly learned he would be out of the office most the morning. I let Judy in on my plan and the office staff were more than willing to help. I jumped in the car with some cute helpers and two boxes of maxi pads and was out the door to Jon's office. I decided to maxi pad his car, making him think that was the April Fool's joke. With the help of Maddee, Izzy and Olivia we completely covered his car. Now the hardest part of a good joke, the waiting. A few hours went by and I got a frantic message from Robyn that Jon was going to contact the head BLM guy, Heath. I knew I needed to act fast, so I called Heath and it didn't take long to get him on board with my joke. By the way, Heath is the nicest guy. Now I was back to waiting again.
Late afternoon I got a text from Jon about his car. He told me the story about walking into the office and seeing pictures of his car put on the TV screen. His staff played their part perfectly.
It was about 30 minutes later my phone started to go crazy. First I got a call from Heath to let me know he had received a call from Jon and that he was pretty upset. Then Robyn started to text me that Jon was upset, what should she do. I told her to text Jon and tell him she had more information and that his wife says April Fools. Jon's office staff also started to get a little worried when Jon started to lose his cool with Heath on the phone. They quickly slid him a note that said April Fools which then prompted Jon to quickly tell Heath he understood and to let him know when he got more information.
It was the perfect joke and we both had a good laugh when I called him.
Unfortunately for Jon though, this was the never ending joke. Apparently maxi pads don't come off cars very well so Jon had to drive home from work with a few pieces still stuck to the car. My friend Kim got a great picture of us laughing as I meet him in the driveway. My hubby is a good sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment