My children are getting older, which means I am getting older and hopefully wiser. With age comes responsibility. I think that part of this is also financial responsibility. In a family as large as ours it is not feasible for us to pay for everything nor do I think it is good for my children to have me pay for everything. I see an alarming trend among youth today where they feel entitled to things in this life. They think they deserve the newest cell phones, iPods, iPads, gaming equipment etc. My kids have to buy their own, which has taught them responsibility and also opened their eyes regarding how much things cost.
This week Lexi and her friend Jessee did a spring camp for girls. They planned an afternoon of fun activities such as egg toss, easter egg hunt, petting zoo etc for the neighborhood kids. All their hard work paid off and Lexi was able to earn enough money to buy her cell phone.
Izzy and her friend Rylee made and sold cotton candy. They sold over a 120 bags.
I am so proud of these girls and all their hard work.
This week Lexi and her friend Jessee did a spring camp for girls. They planned an afternoon of fun activities such as egg toss, easter egg hunt, petting zoo etc for the neighborhood kids. All their hard work paid off and Lexi was able to earn enough money to buy her cell phone.
Izzy and her friend Rylee made and sold cotton candy. They sold over a 120 bags.
I am so proud of these girls and all their hard work.
No comments:
Post a Comment