This weekend Jon and some of the cadets are headed to New Mexico to participate in an event to honor and remember those soldiers who lost their lives and endured the Bataan Death March. For months the cadets and Jon have been getting up at 330 am to put themselves through grueling workouts to prepare for this event. On Sunday they will hike and run for 26 miles with 30 lb ruck sacks, dressed in uniform to honor and remember the sacrifice of those soldiers who were left behind on the Bataan peninsula during World War II. They will have an opportunity to meet the three remaining veterans still alive to tell the horrific details of what they suffered on that grueling 60 mile march back in April 1942. I know that Jon and the cadets will do great in representing the ROTC program from Utah State University. Attached is a video of the news segment KSL did Monday morning regarding this event and the training the cadets have gone through the past few months. I know the sound quality is not great, I had little ones sleeping and didn't want to turn the TV up too loud. As you read this post, I hope you will take a few moments to reflect on sacrifice made by these men in defense of the Country that they love.
No comments:
Post a Comment