Jon and some of the cadets of USU ROTC program just came home from competing the Bataan Death March Memorial Race at White Sands Missile Complex in New Mexico. They have been preparing for months to compete in this memorial. March covers 26.2 miles and participants wear a 40lb pack.
The day before the race the Cadets and Cadre got to meet some of the Veterans that survived the Bataan Death March during WWII. What a humbling experience that was I am sure.
An amazing group of future leaders! I bet you can't guess who the cadets are and who the cadre are?
Start of the race, and they are off.
There is my handsome Soldier, keeping pace with the group.
Mile marker 25!! Almost there.
Finally finished and doesn't even look tired. Jon placed 13th in his age bracket for heavy non ROTC male out of 49 participants. He placed 48th overall, with an estimated 5000 participants! I would say that was quite an accomplishment. Way to go Jon and the cadets of the ROTC program at Utah State University.
I would say he has bragging rights for a very long time.















No comments:
Post a Comment