My poor Izzy. While visiting teaching today, I got a call from the school that Izzy had a run in with a metal pole at school and she came out on the losing end. I drove to the school and found Izzy sitting in the office with a rag and icepack on her eye. Her eye was pretty swollen and starting to turn black and blue. While playing tag at recess, she slipped on some ice and hit into the metal pole. Looking at it close I knew she would need stitches. The cut on her eye was not deep but it was wide. I checked her out of school and called our pediatrician on the way to Logan to make sure they could get her in. It takes about 30 minutes to get to his office and once we got there, they took her right back. I had Olivia and Sam with me and as soon as Dr. O'Very started to give Izzy a quick shot to numb her eye, they both became very concerned. They were full of all kinds of questions as they watch the Dr stitch up the cut. Dr. O'Very was so patient with answering an on slot of questions while he stitched. Izzy spent the rest of the day telling her siblings about her eye and then enduring the teasing about breaking the pole at school.
Posted via Blogaway
No comments:
Post a Comment