Today I took Josh to cash his paycheck, the bank teller gave him $100 dollar bills. I have never seen this kid so excited. It was the first time he had his own $100 dollar bill. Jon and I are so proud of Josh and how hard he has worked this summer. Not long after moving here, Josh found a job moving sprinkler pipe for a local hay farmer. Josh's friend Jaren was already working there and helped get him hired. Josh got up every morning at 6 am to go to work. Moving pipe is no joke, it is hard work to move those big heavy pipes for only $6 a line. Jerry Haslam, josh's boss was like most old farmers, a little on the grouchy gruff side but appreciative of hard work.
I saw such a big change in Josh this summer as he learned the value of working hard and earning his own money. He really is turning into a man and is no longer my little boy. I can't help but smile as I see him get closer and closer to his goals. That new motorcycle is just around the corner for him.
I saw such a big change in Josh this summer as he learned the value of working hard and earning his own money. He really is turning into a man and is no longer my little boy. I can't help but smile as I see him get closer and closer to his goals. That new motorcycle is just around the corner for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment