``

``

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Josh is now a Deacon

Where do I start to describe the events that lead up to this picture of Josh?  I guess I will just come right out and say it, today Josh was ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood.  As a mom there are no words to  describe how you feel when you briefly open your eyes and look to see your son surrounded by men who hold the priesthood laying their hands upon his head and passing that sacred duty unto him.  My heart swelled as I listened to the words Jon spoke during the ordination.  When those men stepped away, I looked at my son only to realized that he was no longer my little boy.  In place of that little boy was a young man that I had never noticed before. I am so incredibly proud of Josh for being worthy and willing to take this step in his life.  I know without a doubt that Josh has been placed on this earth at a very special time.  I know that Josh has been blessed with many talents that will turn him into a man that will be admired by many.  Josh will have the ability to touch their hearts and bring them into the Gospel.  I am overwhelmed as his mother knowing that I have only a few shorts years left to provide him with the love and guidance he will need to accomplish all the Lord has in store.  I am even more humbled by the idea that our Lord has enough confidence in me as a mother, to raise this amazing Son of God.  
To sum up the answer to my question at the beginning of this post, there was no good place to start because the entire day was absolutely incredible and spiritual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment