``
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Mothers Day
I woke up today to the sound of clanking dishes as my daughter Lexi was headed up the stairs to bring me breakfast in bed. She is turning into quite the little cook. I was greeted with her big smile and a tray containing the following breakfast items: Diet Dr. pepper, dill pickle potato chips, toast, sliced strawberries and bananas covered in whip cream and laying softly on top a piece of paper with a beautiful poem Lexi had written. I tried to nibble on a little bit of everything so she would know how much I appreciated her effort, all the while trying my hardest not to let my morning sickness get the best of me. I think Jon quickly recognized my predicament and came to my rescue, shuffling Lexi down stairs to help him make breakfast for the whole family. Once downstairs I was greeted by the rest of my children and their beautiful homemade cards and the aroma of Jon cooking. I think the best gift of all was a beautiful card from my husband with a gift certificate promising a night out. Jon and I have a running joke that he gets me the same card every year but this year was different. I could not have asked for a better day being loved and surrounded by my kids and husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment