This picture is a picture of my kidney stone. I know it is gross and disgusting but the story behind this kidney stone is beautiful. Just for the record my kidney stone measured 10 mm in length and width. Based on kidney stone statistics I should have never been able to pass this stone and I should have been in a ton of pain. Now on to the reason why I posted this picture. Three months ago I had what I thought was a urinary tract infection. I went to the doctor and got a prescription. For 7 days I took the antibiotic but at the end, I still had all the same symptoms. This had happened to me about 11 years ago. The doctors could never figure out what was causing my symptoms. They treated me for several urinary tract infections, nothing. Then they treated me for over active bladder. Took medication for a year nothing. It was so demoralizing. I couldn't sleep because I had the constant sensation to use the bathroom. I went to specialist after specialist and participated in test after test with nothing. One weekend we were up at the cabin and I was in more pain then usual. I went to use the bathroom and all of the sudden I heard a plop like a rock hitting water and then a rush of urine. I thought it strange but flushed and went back to getting everything packed so we could head home. I realized about 20 minutes later that all my symptoms were gone. Completely gone! Then it occurred to me that maybe it was a kidney stone. I had not thought much about it again until this happened. For months now I thought maybe it was another kidney stone, but how would I explain the experience I had 11 years ago to the doctor. Would he even believe me? Today I just couldn't take it any longer. I could not remember the last time I slept for more than 2 hours straight. I couldn't even relax in the evenings with my family or exercise because of the frequent sensation to urinate. I finally said a prayer to my Heavenly Father. I pleaded with him, please I can't take this any longer. I need a miracle. Thirty minutes later I went to use the bathroom. I couldn't go then all the sudden, the same thing happened. I felt something release and heard a plop in the water. I stood up looked in the toilet and there was a rock. Yes, I reached in and took it out, washed it. It was a kidney stone. When I researched it there is no way I should have been able to pass that stone without a ton of pain. Most people have to have them blasted with a laser and then spend days passing all the smaller pieces with some strong pain medication. All my symptoms were completely gone. I am telling you, it was a miracle. It was a direct answer to prayer. I immediately got on my knees to thank my Heavenly Father. I don't know why he chose to answer my prayer in such a miraculous way but I will always be grateful for the his answer. I know my Father in Heaven is aware of me and knows me. There is no way I could ever deny that. I am sorry you had to read all those gross details but I had to share this story because the miracle that happened is to important not to share.

No comments:
Post a Comment