Happy 17th Birthday Lexi. About a week ago I decided to throw a surprise birthday party for Lexi. I contacted her friend Kylie Chambers to help me in my efforts. Kylie was in charge of getting the word out to her friends. She did a great job! The morning of Lexi's party I headed off to the store for a cake and lots of ice cream. Then it was home to clean and get the house ready for her party. Everything was ready and hidden away by the time Lexi got home from school. I told Lexi I was going to take her to dinner for birthday so I could get her away from the house. Isabelle was in charge of getting Lexi's friends in the house and settled to surprise her. Lexi and I had a great dinner at La Nonne. It is a great Italian restaurant in Logan. It is in a beautifully restored old house. She order the chicken alfredo, which is her favorite dinner. I need to back up a bit. Before heading out the door for school that morning, Lexi asked me if she could invite a few friends over for her birthday. I told her yes so she would not get suspicious. After school she said she had invited some friends over for ice cream. Mind you earlier that day I had already bought lots of ice cream. Back to dinner as we were finishing up she reminded me that we needed to stop at the store to get ice cream for her friends. We stopped at Maceys grocery store on our way home and you guessed it, we had to buy more ice cream and cookies so that Lexi wouldn't suspect that we were going to surprise her. I quickly texted Izzy and told her we would be there in 20 minutes. Once the ice cream was loaded in the car we were off for home. It was time for the big surprise. I sent Lexi in first. I knew her friends would he hiding in the living room and just assumed that they would jump out once they heard her in the house. Nope, that was not the case. She was walking all around in the kitchen and they just stayed hidden in the living room. Seriously were they going to surprise her or not. I headed into the living room to get them to go into the kitchen and in those few short minutes, Lexi was out the door and headed to the car to take her sister to a friends house. You have got to be kidding me right, this should have been the easiest part of this whole birthday party, not the hardest. I quickly told her friends to get in the mudroom (which leads to our garage) and I ran out the door to stop her. In my rudest Mom voice I told Lexi she could not take my car to drive her sister and that if she wanted to drive she would have to take just own car. She just looked at me like I had lost my mind. I stayed strong and sent her in the house for her own keys. Finally success, with in a few short minutes I heard lots of yelling and surprise over and over. Lexi was completely overwhelmed and truly was surprised. The rest of the night was spent laughing, eating ice cream and cake. In fact, truth be told we will be eating ice cream for a very long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment