Lexi attended Mountain Crest's Sadies Dance today. It is a girls choice dance and Lexi asked her friend Bradon to the dance. The girls decided to do a nacho bar for dinner and Lexi asked me to help her with the food. It really meant a lot to me that she asked me to help. I love cooking and I think Lexi knows that. I have a feeling that is why she asked. I made ground beef, chicken, nacho cheese, salsa, and guacamole. Then I chopped green onions, olives, and tomatoes for them to put on top. Lexi and her group did their day date the night before. They went to one of the girl's home for pizza and to play minute to win it games. Today was pictures and the dance. Lexi decided to pick the food up from me after pictures and then they were headed to another house to eat. Unfortunately our home was not large enough to accommodate a group that size. After pictures she popped in the door to pick up the food. I asked her where her date was and she had made him stay in the car because she was embarrassed to have him meet us, typical teenager. She tried to blame it on her younger siblings and grandparents being there. Not sure I believe that. She doesn't know it yet but one day she will be thankful for the big family she is growing up in and the blessing of grandparents. At the end of the night she had had a blast. She came home happy and smiling. The pictures say it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment