``

``

Friday, March 18, 2016

What you don't see



Why would I post a picture of all of us sleeping? I can tell you this, it is not because my daughter sleeps with glow sticks. I posted this not just because of what you don't see but because of who you don't see. The man behind this picture is not in it because duty calls and he answers. I am married to a man that takes the responsibility of husband and father serious. He pulls himself out of bed carefully at 430 am, so as not to wake me and sometimes our little ones, to go to work and support our family. He walks around quietly in the dark finding his clothes with the light from his phone. I am sure there are days that he would like nothing more than to crawl back in bed.  Especially those nights when little feet have been pushed against his back or in his face for most the night. His love for us and desire to provide the best of everything pushes him forward. He works hard so that I can be home with those cute little people you see in that picture. He works  hard so that I can be there when one of our teenagers bounds through the door after school, full of stories about their day. My husband is a man of great determination who loves his family and his God deeply. You see, we come first in his life and we each know of our importance to him. Let me tell you what else you don't see in this picture. First, he took the time that morning to take this picture which says more than words ever will. Second, is that every morning before heading out the door he  pulls the covers up and tucks them around me to make sure I am warm, gives me a gentle kiss on the cheek and whispers I love you! It is at that moment I truly feel the love and devotion this man has to me and his children. A devotion and commitment he places above all things, even himself. I love him more than any words can express. He is my best friend, my confidant and the love of my life. He is my husband the Father of my children and the man that I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment