Today I sat proudly in the audience listening to a young man who calls me Aunt, talk about how much his life will change over the next two years. He expressed how much he will miss watching football and how precious his sweet Mom is to him. He is my nephew Tyler and he is headed on a mission to Atlanta Georgia. Tyler has a big heart, bigger smile and easy going attitude. To say he loves football would be an understatement, he lives for football. He even related the gospel to football, much to his Dad's suggestion not to, in his farewell talk. Tyler played center for Herriman High School. He worked hard and was very dedicated to improving himself and playing his best always. I know he will apply that same passion and dedication to the mission field. I love that he is headed to Georgia. I have no doubt that this was an inspired call from our Heavenly Father. My Grandmother ( Tyler's Great Grandmother ) was from Georgia and I know that he will be serving some our distant relatives and will bring the gospel to their lives. He will be greatly missed over the next few years but I am grateful for the example he is setting for my children and those who love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment