``

``

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

First catering job





The first event I have catered and I loved it.
The Department of Veterinary Science at Utah State University gave me the opportunity to cater their first equine therapy ride. Jon was asked several months ago to participate with the department to provide input on a new equine therapy degree they are trying to start. They wanted Jon to advise them on how best to provide this kind of therapy to war veterans.  Dr. Hoopes, department head,  wanted to start some therapy rides with veterans to use as examples when they would go before the legislature to request funding to start the new degree program. They would took some veterans and their wives  horseback riding for a few hours in the beautiful Cherry Creek Resort area and then bring them back to eat and participate in a workshop to strengthen family relationships.
Today was the first therapy we ride.  Jon and I drove up to the beautiful Cherry Peak Ski Resort where three veterans and their wives would go horseback riding and then come back for a late lunch and to listen to the Chaplin speak to them about marriage.
I was asked to provide all the food for the lunch. I was so excited. I love to cook and have always wanted to start my own catering business. I made dutch oven chicken and potatoes in a delicious cream sauce for the group followed by dutch oven apple and peach cobbler. It turned out perfect. Beautiful surroundings, delicious food, and great company.
Even little Sam got his chance to take a ride on the horse with the help of Dr. Hoopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment