``

``

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Jon promoted to Major

It is amazing how fast time flies and today was a clear representation of that.  It doesn't seem that long ago that Jon was promoted to a Captain in the Army and I found myself sitting in a conference room at the American Fork Armory.  I patiently listened to several men talk about what an an incredible officer my husband was and of course they were completely right.  I was then asked to come up and pin his new rank of Captain on.  Today I found myself sitting in this beautifully decorated room at Utah National Guard Headquarters building in Draper listening to General Tarbet talk about what an inspiring man my husband is and how accomplished he is.  I looked down the row at my beautiful children and reflected on what a process it has been to now see my husband pin on Major.  Jon has missed countless birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and even the birth of our son Sam in order to provide for our family and protect the great freedoms of this Nation.  How proud I was to stand beside him and watch today as my oldest son Josh pulled off his dad's Captain rank and replaced with Major.  Congratulations Jon on this amazing accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment