``

``

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wrestling Banquet

Tonight Jon and I attended Josh's wrestling banquet. I am so proud of Josh for all the progress he has made in wrestling this year. He started the year losing every match to winning most matches by the end of the season. I am proud of his dedication. He went to practice every morning at 630 am and had practice after school every night until 530 pm.
There is one moment that really stands out me about this season though. Josh was attending a tournament in Clearfield. I wasn't able to attend so I was following his progress on line, he was doing great and was progressing through his bracket. At the end of the day I noticed that he was in the running for first place. That night when I picked him up from the bus. I could tell something wasn't right. I asked him and he told he that he thought he had been credited with a win he didn't think was his. He had the most points in the match but his opponent pinned him just before the buzzer and the referee had even credited the win to his opponent. It was recorded however as a win for Josh. I suggested that Josh talk to his coach about it in the morning. I dropped Josh off for the bus the next morning and then headed home to get ready and then drive down to meet him at his. I arrived at Clearfield and found Josh, I asked him what his coach said. Josh then told me that the parents of his opponent complained and so Josh and his coach were talked to by the officials when they first arrived. Coach Powell asked Josh what he thought and Josh told the truth. He could have lied and kept his position in the running for first, instead he was credited with a loss and was out of the tournament. Josh was disappointed but as a Mom I couldn't have been more proud. It is one of those moments where you feel like you are doing something right as a parent, when your son chooses his integrity over a short lived win.
Josh had an amazing season and made some great friends. Go Mountain Crest!

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment