I think my pediatrician is beginning to wonder about about my parenting skills. Today it was Sam who got his very first set of stitches. Remember a few posts back when I blogged about the terrible threes, well today was another one of those days. I was in the shower and Sam was quietly playing at the table with his play dough. I had just finished shampooing my hair when I heard him screaming. By the time I got out, put my rob on, I meet him coming down the hall. I immediately assessed what the problem was, due to the large amount of blood covering his hand and the large kitchen knife I saw buried into his play dough on the table. It was at that moment a tad bit of panic set in, as I quickly counted all his fingers, yep they were still all there. Panic dissipated now I rinsed his hand under the sink to find out exactly where he was cut and how bad. He has a nice gash on his index finger and after thirty minutes it was still gushing blood so it was off to the doctor for stitches.
If you have met Sam, you know that he is an incredibly strong kid and that strength only intensives when you are trying to get him to do something he doesn't want to. He did not want stitches. It took myself and two nurses to hold him down so the doctor could put four stitches in his finger. In order to keep Olivia entertained, so I could hold my son down, I had given her my phone. She decided to take pictures of her brothers terrifying ordeal.
Lots of tears, some screaming and four stitches later, I think it is safe to say that Sam will not use my kitchen knives ever again.
If you have met Sam, you know that he is an incredibly strong kid and that strength only intensives when you are trying to get him to do something he doesn't want to. He did not want stitches. It took myself and two nurses to hold him down so the doctor could put four stitches in his finger. In order to keep Olivia entertained, so I could hold my son down, I had given her my phone. She decided to take pictures of her brothers terrifying ordeal.
Lots of tears, some screaming and four stitches later, I think it is safe to say that Sam will not use my kitchen knives ever again.
Posted via Blogaway
No comments:
Post a Comment