Why did I choose this picture to go along with a title about decluttering. It wasn't because I want to get rid of Sam or even his mess. However, Sam and Lexi have been my reason to change and improve. Through them and their struggle with ADHD I have seen so much of myself. I have seen them struggle with so many things and have come to realize that I too struggle with those same things. I have realized that I live in clutter. I am so afraid to get rid of anything because I worry I might need again or it holds some emotional tie. First step in my journey to get better mentally is to start by getting rid of clutter. A few days ago I started in my room. If I hadn't used it or worn it in 2024 then it got sacked up and taken to Dessert Industries (D.I.). I filled up the whole back of my car. Today I started in the basement. I worked for 2 hours which is about all I could handle emotionally. I was able to get rid of so much. It completely filled the whole car. Jon went with me to drop it all off at D.I. It felt good to get rid of all of it. After all that purging I came home to find this boy. He was wearing both Jon and Izzy's warm jawas. It made me laugh, his silliness and smile is what I needed to know that this new path is exactly what I need to be a better parent.
No comments:
Post a Comment