Have a Holly Jolly Christmas! That is exactly the kind of Christmas we had. This year our family dynamic has changed and is entering a new phase. There was no 3 A.M. flashlights shining around in the living room to see what Santa left. No 5 A.M. wake up call to open presents. The kids all slept in, until finally Izzy got up. It was nice to have both girls home with us. I did miss having Josh and Karly. The kids all liked their presents. Sam got an extra battery and a charging stand for his oculus. Large set of Pokémon cards, heated blanket, wallet and another year subscription to crunch labs box. From my sister, Kimmy he got this large book about the immune system and a large poster of the solar system. Livy got a new jawa from me and one from my sister. The one from my sister has a big pocket on the front to hold her kitty Luna. She also got a battery and charging stand for her oculus, lots of silver jewelry, a crochet kit and shoes. I gave her a bracelet that was inscribed on the inside. It said, I love you more, THE END! Livy and I have a running joke about who can say I love you last and who can say it the most. Sam and Livy both got ski passes to Cherry Peak. Izzy got a kindle reader so she can read books digitally. I also bought her a heated coat. It has a battery in it that heats up the front, sides, arms and back of the coat. She wore it around the house all day with it turned on. She is always complaining about how cold the house is. Lexi got this cute little printer that doesn't require ink. It prints little stickers that she can use in her journal or notes for school. She got some new pillows, shoes and boots. A portable charger for her phone and a new backpack for school. Izzy was Jon's secret Santa. She bought him a bright orange jawa with a pocket for Asher to sleep in. He absolutely loved it. The kids and I got Jon a diesel heater for the mini cabin on the property. Jon and the kids spoiled me. A month ago they got me a new iPhone. It was hard to give up my Samsung but now I can facetime the kids easier and talk to them a lot more. I also bought myself some new end tables for the living room and a bed spread. I had Jon wrap them for me and give them to me from him. It was a great Christmas being together as a family, playing the new games the kids got and eating really good food.
No comments:
Post a Comment