``

``

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Our Little Girl

 

Our sweet little girl has become so very very dear to our hearts over the last few months. After we lost her brother Riggs she has needed us more and more. To be honest we have also needed her more and more. This summer, Jon and the kids started taking her with them every time they would go to the property. Sam would have her sleep right by him in the tent. Then we bought the trailer and she started sleeping inside the trailer with one of the kids. It wasn't long until we decided that it was too cold outside for her to be out there alone without her brother. We made her an inside dog. She is so smart and potty trained really quick. She loves to be right next to us. She seems to know when someone is having a bad day and she is right there to snuggle and make things better. Sam was recently diagnosed with compound ADHD. He has started taking medication to help manage his angry outburst, anxiety and inability to just cope somedays. Little Girl just seems to know when he is having a bad day and climbs right up next to him on the couch and you can see his whole body just relax as he starts to pet her. She seems to understand the needs of each person in our family. I have seen Izzy be more affectionate with Little Girl then I have seen her be with any other animal, or human if I think about it. In fact she put Little Girl's kennel in her room. Many times I have gone in to wake Izzy up for school, and she will have Little Girl down inside her bed. She is just so sweet and has so much love to give. I thought I would hate having her in the house because of all the hair. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of hair but her tenderness and the emotional support is worth every single hair I have to vacuum up. She loves being inside with us. She hates getting a bath. We usually have to pack her into the bathroom and put her in the tub. She is such a funny girl but she is our Little Girl and has filled all of our hearts with such love and joy.



She was making sure Livy was well taken care of when she was sick.



No comments:

Post a Comment