``

``

Friday, January 15, 2021

Livy's first Swim Meet

Olivia participated in her first swim meet today. She has been working so hard at practice since she made it on the team at the end of August. Tonight she swam in the 25 yard butterfly, 50 yard freestyle and the 25 yard backstroke. In the 25 yard butterfly she was disqualified because her hand was not on the wall when the start buzzed went off. She came in 6th in her heat for the 50 yard freestyle. I was so proud of her for doing the 50. Most of the swimmers on the pre-team with her only did the 25 yard, but she pushed herself to compete in the 50. She came in 2nd in her heat on the 25 yard backstroke, but it was recorded as fourth because she forgot to tag the wall. I was in Bear Lake with friends but through the wonders of technology I was able to watch her on the computer. Jon was with her at the meet. He said she was laughing and so happy to be there. I video called with her once she was home and she was so happy and excited. I am so happy that she is getting to swim on her team, this has been her dream for a very long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment