``

``

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Wigs for Kids

There are moments in my life where I feel such love for my children and today was one such moment. Isabelle has been growing her hair for a very long time to donate it to make wigs for other children who faces challenges and have lost their  hair. She was very quiet as we drove to the salon and I wondered what was going  through her mind. We were headed to get everyone haircuts but we had not discussed about today being the day she would donate. Isabelle sat quietly as each one of her siblings jumped up in the chair to get their cuts. She then asked me meekly, mom do you think my hair is twelve inches long? I told her it was and showed her how short her hair would be after the 12 inches was cut off. She looked at me with those big black eyes and said, I want to donate it today. Her siblings all rallied around her as she sat in the chair and prepared for hair to be cut. I am so proud of her and I love her new haircut. Isabelle decided to donate to the charity wigs for kids. This is an amazing organization that provides only children with free wigs as they battle illnesses such as cancer. Josh noticing Isabelle's uneasiness about her new hair style quickly found a way to make us all laugh. Today was a big day for Isabelle as she learned to sacrifice something so precious to her for the benefit of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment