``

``

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wrestling Season

Thursday last week Josh came home from school and informed me he was trying out for the high school wrestling team. He never mentioned he was even interested in wrestling but he was excited now. We spent the weekend getting him wrestling shoes and protective head gear. He goes to school an hour early everyday for practice and stays after school two hours each day. He is very committed. Tonight he had his first wrestling matches. They were some rough matches for him, but he fought hard and didn't give up. After completing his matches, his buddy Jace asked him to go against him in a match. Josh agreed to help his friend and went back to  the locker room to get back into his singlet. The poor kid was so nervous that he came out with his singlet on backwards. The referee quickly noticed and pointed it out to him but it was to late to change. He just had to wrestle with it backwards. A moment I am sure he will not soon forget. I am so proud of Josh for venturing out and trying new things. I am excited to see him grow during the season and I have no doubt that he is going to do great.

No comments:

Post a Comment