On Aug 4 I combined with another piano teacher, Emily Benson and we held a summer recital. There were 13 children who participated and both Lexi and Izzy were among those that played. I was so extremely proud of my students and how well they did. Lexi and Izzy both played their songs beautifully. Lexi played Spanish Fiesta and America the Beautiful. Izzy played Symphony No. 9 and Swan Lake. I can really see the personality of each girl when she sits down to play. Lexi loves fast paced, loud and emotionally stirring songs. Isabelle enjoys softer more flowing songs that allow her to communicate her feeling of sadness or joy. They both love to play primary songs and I will often times just find them sitting at the piano playing them. I have noticed that both my girls have really enjoyed listening to music and singing from a very young age. I am not only a proud teacher when I hear them play but also a very proud mom. Congratulations Lexi and Izzy on a job well done!
No comments:
Post a Comment