``

``

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

 



Christmas day is full of tradition at the Kenworthy house.  We start on Christmas Eve with each child opening one present.  This year they each opened their Christmas jammies.  After opening their one gift, Jon read the story of Christ's birth from the scriptures and then it is off to bed to await Santa's arrival.  Usually during the night I catch each kid at least once sneaking downstairs with a flashlight trying to see what Santa has brought.  It is always make me giggle to hear them say, "but mom" as I turn them around and send them back to bed.  This year was no exception. Morning came all too soon as our kids were up by 6 am.  It was then time to find out what presents belonged to each of them under the tree.  This year I assigned each child a reindeer name and that is the name I put on the presents.  I did not tell the kids their reindeer name until Christmas morning.  It was fun to see their reaction because they just spent the last few weeks trying to figure it out and were surprised that they were wrong.  After opening gifts, it is time to get dressed and head off to Grandma Shane's house.  At Grandma's we eat our traditional sourdough pancakes and dutch oven breakfast.  We then gathered around the Christmas tree so all the kids (mine and all the cousins) could open their gifts.  We spent the rest of the morning hanging out and enjoying the closeness of family.  After Grandma Shane's house it was off to Grandma Rose's house to open more presents and enjoy a great Mexican dinner.  As the day came to a close, we headed home exhausted from a very eventful day.  I am so thankful that we live close to family and each year get the opportunity make memories that will stay with our family for years to come.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment