``

``

Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fools (Ha Ha Ha)

Today was April Fools Day and it just so happened to also be a Sunday.  Twice a year our Church holds a general conference that is broadcast worldwide for all members to hear the words spoken by our leaders and feel of our Heavenly Fathers love us.  I didn't want to take away from the Spirit in our home as we listened to conference, so I patiently waited all day to play to my April Fools Jokes.
Finally after hours and hours of waiting, I knew the moment had arrived.  I grabbed my phone and sat down on the couch next to the kids and pretended to be reading something.  Few minutes later, I looked at the kids and in my most excited voice, I told the them that I just  read on the news  that the Sweets Candy Factory had exploded and it was raining candy everywhere outside.  Before I could even blink, Josh was off the couch and out the door with Izzy and Lexi on his heels. I quickly followed and when I finally caught up to them, Josh turned to  me and said, "where is the all the candy".  I told him to be patient that it would probably take time for it to get to our house. I then went inside and stood at the window, laughing as my children stood outside patiently waiting for the sky to rain candy. I waited for a full 10 minutes before I yelled out the door, "April Fools".  I think Josh wanted to kill me.  We finished out the evening and I watched as the kids continually tried to play jokes on each other.
The best part of the day was still to come.  See early that day I had sneaked upstairs and filled Jon's toothbrush with blue food coloring and baby orajel.   It took forever to get the kids in bed and I was just giddy with anticipation waiting for Jon to brush his teeth.  Finally, everyone was asleep and we stood in the bathroom.  I glanced over to see that Jon was just starting to brush his teeth. I just couldn't contain my laughter as I saw the blue start to coat his teeth.  When he realized that he too had not been spared on April Fools he started to laugh.  We laughed together for a while and then Jon turned to me and said my mouth feels a little tingly.  I then told him how that would be the baby orajel kicking in.  We laughed some more and then climbed into bed. I have to admit I feel asleep with a smile on face knowing that my jokes were well executed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment