``

``

Sunday, November 1, 2020

The Day Luna went missing

Yesterday should have been a day full of only fun but it was clouded with tears and sadness. The night before Jon had let our Luna cat out but didn't say anything about her being outside. She does go outside at night but we usually always bring her in before we go to bed. It probably wouldn't have been a big deal that she was outside if she could have gotten into the garage. A few days before I had to lock the cat door from the back patio into the garage. There had been a mean stray tom cat that kept getting into the garage and kicking black cat out of his heated bed, so I locked it to keep him out. The morning of Halloween I noticed that she had not come around at all.  She usually comes to greet me as soon as I open the mud room door. I mentioned to Jon that I hadn't seen her. He told me that she had gone outside last night and probably was still out there. I went and opened the garage door and shook Luna's treats. The sound of her treats usually brings her running. Nothing, I called her and shook the treats some more and still no Luna. Maybe she was out in the shed and she would come in a bit. I made breakfast and started my day. A few hours later, I tried again and still no Luna. Livy searched the house and no Luna. We searched the sheds outside, no Luna. It was then I really began to worry. Livy was very upset and very worried about her kitty. I too was very worried myself. I decided to take to Facebook and start having neighbors keep an eye out for her. I also went to my knees and pleaded with my Father in Heaven to help her find her way home. The good people of Wellsville saw my post on Facebook. They sent texts with pictures of cats they had seen and gave suggestions to help us find her. None of them panned out. Evening came and it was time to take the kids trick or treating and still no Luna. I was so upset. She was a huge part of our family. Livy didn't even want to get ready to go trick or treating she just wanted to look for her cat. We went out trick or treating and at the same time kept an eye out for our sweet Luna. In my heart I was hoping that someone would find her and bring her home. I prayed that no one would hurt her. We got home from trick or treating and decided to go visit Izzy at the scare house where she worked. As we were leaving for the scare house I had the impression to unlock the cat door. I was so worried that darn tom cat would come back but I followed the impression. We went to the scare house to support Izzy. By this point I didn't have any hope that she was still alive. I was heart broken. We came home from the scare house and opened the garage door and she ran out of the garage and hide behind our garbage cans. We were screaming and crying in the car, so happy she was home. Livy jumped out of the car and went to get her.  Luna was so scared she wouldn't come out. I sent everyone into the house and went over to the garbage can and called to her. She came to me and I took her inside. I can't tell you how over joyed we are to have her home and safe.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment