``

``

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Wellville Founder's Day, well sort of

This year can just kiss my butt. Labor day is one of my favorite weekends. It is right up there with Christmas. Every year we have family up and spend the weekend visiting. We top it off with Wellsville Founder's Day. This year it was all canceled because of Covid-19. To make up for it, the city held a movie in the park and fireworks on Saturday night. Jon and I took Olivia, Moira (Livy's friend) and Sam. Once there, we ran into the Willams family so Bryson and Caleb came and sat with us. The movie was Toy Story 4. Jon laughed harder during the movie than the kids did. The fireworks after were fantastic. It was 30 minutes of constant explosions in the air. Most of the time several were shooting off at a time. I sat there with tears in my eyes as Lee Greenwood sang over the loud speakers God Bless the USA. With all that has happened this year, from the virus, to rioting, protesting, and kneeling during flag ceremonies. I was reminded in that moment that our country is blessed. There are strong and brave men and women who are still willing to defend everything the flag stands for. In small towns all over America people are still good and kind.  They still love their neighbor and come together to celebrate this nation.  I am grateful for my small town. Even though on Labor Day morning the cannon fired at 5 am sharp but was not followed by a parade or rides at the park. I was happy for those short 30 minutes at the park. Those minutes when the fireworks were bursting above my head, we were singing God Bless the USA and I had my family sitting beside me to experience it all. May God continue to bless this Nation as we head in to a contentious election and the winter months.



No comments:

Post a Comment