On day 2 we decided to take a 6 mile hike into Calf Falls. The weather and scenery was absolutely beautiful.
All the kids just before we headed out on our hike.
Jon packed Livy the entire 6 miles and the plan was for me to pack Sam, but true to the Kenworthy way of life, we never follow the plan. Josh decided that he wanted to pack Sam. I agreed thinking the whole time that it would not last long and Josh would want to give him back. I was wrong about Josh and his devotion to Sam, he packed Sam the entire 6 miles without complaining once.
We finally reached the waterfall and it was beautiful.
On the way back we stopped at this little place to eat lunch.
I love this picture of my two handsome boys. I am in awe most days at how close they are.
After a great day we finished it off by celebrating Rod's birthday. Oh did I forget to mention that our friends and neighbors the Savages came with us on our little trip this year. Lynnette Savage made gluten free cupcakes, and the kids each got to frost their own. Kinda messy but a lot of fun.
I can not think of a better way to have the ended the second day of our trip, except with cupcakes and good friends.
It was super fun! Nothing like seeing those pics of me to get me re-dedicated to my diet, LOL
ReplyDelete