``

``

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sam's Baby Blessing

There are no words to describe the feelings that I experienced today as Jon blessed our beautiful little Sam.  Jon and I have known from the day Sam was born that he has a very special mission here on Earth.  At 3 months old,  he has this amazing little personality.  Sam is a very quiet and patient baby, who is quick to smile at you the minute you see him.  When Sam looks at you his eyes pierce your soul and you can't help but hold him close and love all over him. 
Today as I lowered my head and closed my eyes to listen, as Jon blessed our little man I was overcome with the blessing that our Heavenly Father promised Sam.  Sam was promised that his body would be phyiscally strong which would enable him to serve the Lord.  Looking at Sam and the way his little body it built, I know that Lord not only meant heathy but that Sam will be physically strong.  Sam was blessed with the ability to know right from wrong and a strong desire to follow his Heavently Father.  Sam was told that he had come into our family at a very special time where he would be taught and loved.  Sitting there it felt like the Lord just opened the Heavens to pour every blessing he had on my precious little boy.  When I looked up at the end of the blessing, I couldn't help but be thankful for all the wonderful men who had stood in that circle.  They appeared to stand so tall as I experienced the amazing strength each of them had as priesthood holders.  What an spiritual and uplifting day.
I am so thankful for our family and friends that came to support us and was able to celebrate with us.

Isn't he so Handsome?  I just love his little tie, which was made by my neighbor and friend Amber Alhberg. 

My handsome husband.  No wonder I have such good looking boys. 
Sam and Grandma Shane
Sam and Grandma Rose


Sam and Grandpa Clint
Sam and Grandpa Bill

Our good friends the Halls. Troy, TeKarri and their sons Trevor and Taylor.  (Thanks so much for traveling so far to celebrate with us today)

This is our twinner family.  All of kids are the same age and oft times when we go out Misty and I will be wearing somthing similar and so with Jon and Wayne.  Their kids are Brooklyn, Kendra, Seth and Parker.
We have really enjoyed getting to the know the Brackens and have become great friends.  Not sure why I didn't get their kiddo's in the picture.
My brother in Law Ryan Gough, his daughter McKenna and my other brother in law Dennis Atwood

My very supportive sisters, Diana and Kim and Diana's kids McKenna, Danika and Tyler.

Craig Gorshe and Sam.  We missed Erin and the kids at the house after but so glad they were there for Sam's blessing and are a part of our lives.
I somehow missed pictures of our friends the Savages and Ingleby's but were so thankful for their friendship and for supporting us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment