Valentines Day 2011
Valentines Day was a hit this year at the Kenworthy house. It started out on Thursday night. Jon made arrangements for him and I to stay in a hotel downtown and for the kids to have some one on one time with Grandma and Grandpa. We dropped the kids off right after school and headed straight for our destination. First stop was checking into the hotel and then we went to an early dinner at Olive Garden. It was so nice to enjoy a long quiet meal together. I am sure our waiter could not wait for us to leave. It is not often we get moments to just sit and talk and enjoy each others company and so we were taking full advantage of the time. The next morning, we headed out to just spend the day together. It was nice not to have anything planned and to just enjoy the day. After a while we decided it was time to rescue Grandma and Grandpa and picked up the kids. It is amazing how being away from them for just a short time really makes you miss them. Jon and I had a great time and I was so grateful for the effort he put in to making this such a wonderful Valentines Day.
Valentines morning, I always make red heart shaped pancakes for the kids. They always seemed surprised each year when they wake up and come down to eat. Maybe they are just surprised that I am actually making them breakfast instead of cereal. Then it was out the door to school with valentines for their friends and boxes in hand. I volunteered in Izzy's class for her Valentines party which was such a treat. That evening each set of Grandparents came to visit. Grandma Shane always has a goody bag full of candy and money for each kid. Grandma Rose brought hats for the older girls, candy bars for Josh and a cute head band for Livy. We finished the night with the kids eating Valentine cupcakes. Happy Valentine's Day to all my loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment