``
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Surgery
So for the past few weeks I had been having pain under my ribs every time I exercised, however on Saturday night the pain started and by Sunday morning had not gone away. After much convincing by Jon I went to the Riverton Hospital ER. (It just so happened that it was also a drill weekend for Jon, crazy things always happen on a drill weekend). The staff at the hospital immediately gave me pain medication, which improved my mood immensely. Jon and I then waited patiently until the on-call radiology tech arrived to do an ultrasound of my gallbladder. During the ultrasound they found several large gallstones which continually would move over the bile duct and cause me severe pain. I then had a consultation with the surgeon, Dr. Vasquez, who pretty much told Jon and I that I could have surgery to remove my gallbladder today or today. I was admitted to the hospital and was in surgery by 1:00 pm that afternoon. I have never seen my husband so nervous and worried as he was the moment they took down the hall for the surgery. I was released from the hospital later that evening. After just 24 hours I was feeling great and finding it difficult to follow the Dr.'s orders to take it easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment