``

``

Monday, January 21, 2019

Bear Lake Girls Weekend

I look so forward to this weekend every year. It is a chance for me to get away and relax. I know that the kids are in good hands with Jon at home so I don't worry about a thing. Kim Turnbow and I usually drive up together but this year she wasn't coming up until later.  Her daughter Jessee had a cheer competition. I rode up with Shauna Dean.  Shauna and I were headed to a cabin that we had not stayed in before. We put the address in google maps and off we went. We made the final turn and started up a a hill.  We quickly realized that the snow was getting deeper and deeper with no cabins in sight.  Maybe just maybe we were in the wrong spot. We put the car in 4 wheel drive and started to back down the road. Wouldn't you know it that there was no place to turn around. There were a few tense moments when we thought we might just be stuck for good. We got back to the main highway called Stacie Williamson and got some different directions.  A few more miles down the road we came to this amazing gated community with a perfectly plowed road. We had arrived. The rest of the weekend was spent laughing, watching movies, sharing our favorite things, catching up on new things in our lives, and journaling about our year. We go to bed, wake up and nap when we want. We have a table full of treats that we snack on all weekend. By the end the of the weekend, I feel rested from the holidays and rejuvenated to jump back in and start my goals for the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment