Izzy and I went to the symphony tonight with her orchestra class. We boarded the bus at the middle school pretty early and rode down to Salt Lake City. I saw a completely different side of Izzy tonight. At home Izzy is more on the quiet and reserved side. On the bus tonight she was laughing with friends and teasing the boys sitting around her. I have a small travel card game in my purse and she played that with her friends on the bus. Once reaching Salt Lake, our first stop was City Creek food court to get dinner. All the kids went different directions and got what they wanted. After eating we walked to Abravanel Hall to listen to the Utah Symphony present Tchaikovshy's "Pathetique". I loved the music. What I loved more was watching Izzy's face light up during different movements. She would get so animated as she would tell me what was coming up and what to expect. I had no idea she knew so much about classical music and how much she enjoyed it. My favorite part was the cello solos. I will always cherish this night with Izzy, experiencing something she is passionate about.




No comments:
Post a Comment