``

``

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans Day Concert

Tonight Jon and I attend the Veterans  Day Concert. This is our second year attending and this year was just as moving as last year. It makes your heart swell as you watch those Veterans pridefully stand when the song is played for their branch of service.  I have to say, I feel the greatest sense of pride when my own husband stands. I know personally his sacrifice to serve and I love to see him honored for that sacrifice. Towards the end of the program the choir sang Wayfaring Stranger, what an incredible song. Brought tears to my eyes with is beautiful lyrics.

I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger
While traveling through this world below
Yet there's no sickness, no toil, no danger
In that bright land to which I go

I'm going there to see my father
he said he'd meet me for to come

I'm just going over Jordan
I'm just going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me
I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me
Where God's redeemed their vigils keep

I'm going there to see my mother
She said she'd meet me when I come

So I'm just going over Jordan
I'm just going over home

I'm just going over Jordan
I'm just going over home

Such a beautiful evening with emotional music.
I included pictures of the theater because I am in awe every time I attend a function here at the architectural beauty of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment