``

``

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Breaking Sioux

Sometimes working with a wild mustang is not always  positive. This week Josh was working with our newest mustang Sioux. Sioux was very anxious because it was Founder's Day,which meant the cannon started going off early in the morning, then there was lots of  gun fire from the Indians in the parade. Josh was getting him to turn and he was bucking and hopping a bit but wasn't trying to throw Josh. I was taking pictures when all the sudden Josh and Sioux disappeared from my view in the lens. I moved the camera just in time to see the horse go down with Josh underneath him. I saw Sioux get up but my son was still laying on the ground. I quickly yelled at Jon who was in the other stall working with Isabelle and our other mustang Wylie. I felt so helpless but at least at this point Josh was starting move. I helped Izzy keep Wylie over by the fence. That sweet Wylie horse knew something was up and you could tell he was worried. Jon packed Josh out of the pasture and Wylie broke free from my grasp and went galloping over to check on Josh. I quickly loaded Josh in the car and headed straight for the emergency room. When all was said and done he broke a bone in his ankle and that is it. The orthopedic Doctor put him in a boot for 6 weeks. Unfortunately football season is now over for Josh but he should be healed in time for wrestling. I am so thankful that he was being watched over that day, things could have been so much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment