These boys of mine are full adventure and sometimes I feel myself struggling to keep up. Warmer weather and mountain trails within a few minutes from our home, have turned Sundays into adventure days. In less than a year my life has done a complete 180 degree turn. I went from living in a very nice home located on a postage stamp in a city full of traffic and congestion, to a unique home with lots of potential, farm animals and open space for my kids. If you would have asked me a year ago if my Sundays would consist of hiking in the mountains with donkeys in tow, I would have looked at you and wondered if you were a crazy person. I could have never imagined I would have to ask my children to please take the goat back outside after finding him hanging out under the kitchen table. I would never have imagined that playing in irrigation water would provide hours of fun. I could have never imagined the endless opportunities my children have been presented with. I could never have imagined the peace my family would find in this small community. Amazing what can happen when you turn your life over and follow the plan God has in store for you. A year ago I could have never imagined that on a Sunday afternoon I would find myself holding the lead rope of a donkey looking out over this beautiful valley.
No comments:
Post a Comment