I have debated over the last few years about sharing the experience I had while attending this special boy's baptism. Even after asking his mom's permission and having her send me a few pictures of him, I have still waffled back and forth. The experience I had that day had such a profound impact on me and I was not sure I wanted to share those feeling publicly.
I have been extremely blessed by just knowing Israel. This young man has made me smile on countless occasions. Israel was always quick to give me a hug when he saw me in Primary or in the hallway at church. There is one moment that really stands out for me. I was sitting on the back pew of the chapel one Sunday. My heart was heavy and I was finding it difficult to feel the Spirit. I knew Sacrament meeting would be starting soon and I was desperately wanting to feel the Spirit. I needed to feel the Spirit, I needed to feel my Heavenly Father's love. Within in moments I felt these arms wrap around my neck from behind and the Spirit filled my soul. I turned around to find it was sweet Israel that had hugged me. He said nothing, just had a huge smile on his face as I told him thank you. I knew at that moment the Lord had heard my desires and Israel being so close to the Spirit, had become an instrument in his hands to remind me that I was his daughter and I was not forgotten. This would not be the only time my testimony would grow as a result of knowing Israel. When Jodi, Israel's mom, called and asked me to play the piano at his baptism, I jumped at the chance. What an experience that was. Israel's smile that day was contagious. He was surrounded by a large family loved and adored him. There are no words to describe the magnitude and presence of the Spirit that could be felt in the church that day. I have not doubt that Israel's baptism was not only being attended by those of us on this earth but that there were heavenly hosts also in attendance, rejoicing with Israel. I was overcome with the Spirit and could feel my heart swelling as those in attendance sang the songs Israel had picked for his baptism that day. It sounded as if a chorus of angels were singing. I could feel goose bumps up and down my arms. As incredible as that was it did not compare to the moment when Israel's dad placed his hands on his head to give him the gift of the Holy Ghost. I can count on one hand the number of times I have felt the Spirit that strong in my life. Israel's dad, Rob was so over come with emotion as he began to give this young man the precious gift of the Holy Ghost. I have no doubt as I sat in the chapel that day that My Heavenly Father and Savior live. That they know me as an individual that they know Israel and his family personally. I know with out a doubt that Israel is one of God's chosen and that he was so incredibly valiant that he has been sent to this earth to teach us and to help bring those around him closer to Heavenly Father. This young has had an incredible impact on my life that will never be forgotten. What an incredible day. The perfect day to celebrate such an amazing young man.
No comments:
Post a Comment