``

``

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Josh totally rocked football

Josh totally rocked football this year. He decided to Z down this year.  That means that because of his weight he was able to play with boys a year younger.  He was right at the cut off, so he could not gain any weight.  He spent the first few weeks of practice hardly eating anything and working his guts out.  He was an absolute bear to live with with.  He had done really well at tryouts and made it on the super B team with Coach Denos.  Josh played on the defense as a linebacker and defensive end.  He also played offense as a fullback and halfback.  Not to brag too much but Josh pretty much played the entire time of each game.  Josh made some awesome tackles this year and several quarterback sacks.  On offense he was able to move the ball quickly and gain lots of yards for his team.  He even made a few touchdowns along the way.  Josh had a great team this year, they only lost one game the entire season and won a spot in the playoffs. 


November came and it was time for the playoffs.  The first game was against Bingham at West Jordan High School.  At the end of the first quarter, Josh took a really hard hit.  He jumped up and was holding his elbow.  I watched for a bit and noticed that he was not shaking it off too quickly.  When the quarter ended and he came to the sideline, I asked him if he was OK.  Josh just brushed me off and said he was fine.  I continued to watch for the rest of the game and every time he got in the huddle he would hold his elbow.  Josh finished out the game.  His team won and moved on to the championship game against Alta.  Josh and I walked to car and as soon as he shut the car door he looked at me and just broke down, his arm was just killing him.  I knew immediately his elbow was broken.  I remember all too well how mine felt and were it hurt when I broke it.  I drove Josh directly to the instacare and after a few x-rays it was confirmed that Josh had a broken elbow.  Josh  was so upset, his chances of playing in the championship were pretty slim.  We got home and called his coaches to let them know.  After they got over the shock that Josh played the entire game with a broken elbow they too were worried about being able to win the championship without Josh on defense.  Monday morning I made a call to Primary Children's and got Josh in to see an orthopedic doctor within a few short days.  After meeting with the orthopedic they casted Josh's elbow and then Josh asked  about playing the in the championship game.  Josh was so worried the answer would be no, but the doctor gave Josh permission to play.  Josh was ecstatic.  Josh called his Coach on the way home who shared in his excitement.  It is now time to get ready for the championship game.

No comments:

Post a Comment