``

``

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April Fools and Flowers

This year I racked my brain for a good 24 hours, trying to think of a great joke to play on Jon. You see, Jon has this amazing sense if humor and great wit. It is really hard to get the best of him when you are joking around or teasing. April Fool's Day is the only day I have to tease him and actually come out the victor. After long agonizing hours, I finally had hatched a plan. I immediately sprung into action. First, contact SGT Morse to get the my hubby's building number. Once that was in hand it was a call to the flower shop. See, my plan was to have flowers delivered to his work from a secret admirer. I dialed the number and couldn't wait for them to answer. Within seconds there was a pleasant hello on the other which meant there was no turning back now. I anxiously told the clerk my idea and together we came up with a combination of flowers and the perfect saying for the card. The flower lady then asked me, "what should I tell him, if he calls to ask who sent them".   I had an easy answer which was, "just tell him you don't know".  Now I justed needed to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor.  I waited and waited for the all familiar sound of the garage door, to signal Jon was home.   It was an hour later when I heard it, oh the excitement I felt, to see his face when he walked in the door. I could sense victory the minute I saw him. He didn't waste anytime asking if it was me. I mustered my best acting skills and played right along with his confusion as to who it might be.   Jon told me how he had texted several people asking if it was them playing a joke on him.
This texting and trying to think of every possible culprit went on for a few hours. I finally couldn't hold it in any longer. I leaned down and whispered that it was me, all ME. We had a good laugh going over all the steps he had taken to figure it out. The best part of today, seeing that look of pride in eyes knowing that I got him. I not only pulled off a great April Fool's prank, but I made my husband proud which was the best victory of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment