Crazy Crazy Day!!!!!
Saturday started out as any other Saturday, but this is the Saturday before Easter so it will not be normal. I knew today was going to be a crazy and busy and I was not disappointed in the least. I try to prepare Jon several days ahead when I know craziness is headed our way. I think this year my preparation paid off :).
Jon and I got the kids up, dressed, feed and then headed out the door to Grandma Shane's for the first Easter egg hunt of the day. This is a tradition that my kids look forward to every year. This would be the first year that Olivia would be old enough to hunt for eggs. I helped Olivia find her first egg and that is all it took. My poor nieces, Britty and Paisley, had to be on constant guard because as far as Olivia was concerned the rest of the eggs were hers. This year Josh's friend Hagen went with us. Hagen had just recently moved to Montana and had come with his family to visit for the Easter holiday.
From Grandma Shane's it was off to pick up my Bountiful Basket. If you don't know what a Bountiful Basket is, it works kind of like a food co-op. I order my basket online Monday mornings and then pick it up on Saturdays. I get a laundry basket full of fruits and vegetables for $15.00. Anyways, back to our crazy day. We grabbed our basket and then rushed back to the house for a visit with our friends, the Tufts (Hagen's parents). The Tuft's until recently had been our neighbors for the past 5 years. In February, due to a promotion for Chris, their family had moved to Helena Montana. We had a great visit and even had time to eat lunch together. However this was not even close to the end of this busy day. Once again Jon and I found ourselves in the car with all four children driving to our next destination, Grandma Rose's house. This would be Easter Egg hunt number 2. Once Olivia had her basket in hand she was off to find eggs. I am sure somewhere between lunch and Grandma's house my children were able to consume large amounts of sugar because they were completely out of control. After hunting eggs we enjoyed dinner with Jon's parents, Aunt, and cousins. I know by now you are thinking, just like my husband, that this day should be over, right. Well you would be WRONG!!!!! It was back to the house to color Easter eggs.
Four children coloring Easter eggs is a true juggling act for me. One wants green, one wants red, wait......... get that baby off the table before she spills all the colors. Once baby Olivia was safely locked in her high chair we start to color eggs. Josh and Lexi are no longer satisfied with just dipping them in the dye, no theirs have to be hand painted. The process of hand painting can really get on a MOM's NERVES!!!!! Just color your eggs already, PLEASE. With eggs finally finished it was off to bed to await the arrival of the Easter Bunny.
Easter morning starts early. The kid's are up and hunting eggs before the sun comes up. Sometime during the night the Easter bunny sneaks in and hides their colored eggs all around the house. Once the eggs are found then it is time to see what is in their baskets. This year the Easter Bunny decided to give the kids a break from the usual sugar high and brought them the Wii game "just dance" instead. The kids quickly got started on their dance moves while Jon made breakfast.
My favorite part about Easter is when it comes time to go to Church. My girls look so beautiful in their Easter dresses and Josh is very striking in his new shirt and tie. I love that each year I am reminded of my Saviors love. My heart burns with the knowledge I have that he came here to this earth, he willingly gave his life and was resurrected 3 days later so I could receive the gift of eternal life. Eternity to spend with my amazing little family.
No comments:
Post a Comment